|SMS Job Scheduling|
1. Each record must contain SID only 2. The file must be in ASCII format 3. Record size must be 10 4. The file should not contain duplicate SIDs. 5. If the file is created in a different account (other than the college production account), the file must be released.
If DataExpress is used, use the following guidelines to create the file:
1. On the DEFINE OUTPUT SPECIFICATIONS menu, prompt INCLUDE IN OUTPUT must only contain the item selection for SID. In addition, sort on and suppress duplicate SIDs when writing to the file
2. On the OUTPUT FILE FORMAT OPTIONS menu, select MPE ASCII FILE (selection 23)
3. After creating and saving the procedure, select options MAINTAIN AN EXISTING PROCEDURE, MODIFY PROCEDURE DEFINITIONS, EDIT NAMES AND ATTRIBUTES, FIELD NAMES AND DEFINITIONS. Edit the item selection for SID, changing FIELD DISPLAY LENGTH from 9 to 10.
4. This file will normally be stored in the RUN group of the college account (i.e., Pnnn). Therefore, when running the procedure, from the RUN PROCEDURE menu: (a) Enter S (Save) for prompt DOWNLOAD/SAVE/APPEND file (D/S/A)? (b) Enter a file name in answer to prompt NAME FOR GENERATED FILE. This same file name should be entered in job scheduling parameter BIO-XTRCT-FILE. If you wish to create multiple reporting extract files, you could add a 1-character suffix to the file name or enter a new file name. Please see the specific JOB GROUP documentation for suggestions on naming this file.
(c) Enter N in answer to prompt FILE IN LOCAL FILE GROUP (Y/n)? (d) Enter RUN in answer to prompt GROUP NAME. If the message PURGE EXISTING FILE? is displayed, this means that a file with this name has previously been created and you should verify that no one else is already using this file name. The file created will be purged when the job group runs.
|Execution Time||Anytime (O, B, P or I)|
|Job Completion Status||NODATA, GROUPFAIL|
|Estimated Run Time||5 minutes|
|Recovery/Restart||This job is restartable if it has not completed successfully.|
|BIO-XTRCT-FILE||File name of Ad-hoc reporting file created using Data Express (up to 8 characters in length).|
|BIO-XTRCT-GRP||Group and account (optional) of the Ad-hoc reporting file. Defaults to the value RUN. Only change this value if you wish to designate a file stored in a different group and account. If this value is changed, enter the group and account separated by a decimal point (i.e., DATA.BWRITE). A file created in a different group and account must be released.|
Created: WED, JAN 04, 2012, 07:28 AM